History of La Palma thanks to the stars and astronomy. City Tour.
The Magellan´s route is a tale of how the stars and astronomy has forged the history of the island of La Palma, for more than five centuries and how that relates to navigation. The existence of the Observatories on the island and the quality of its sky is only the end of the story. We show you a new and surprising perspective. Did you know for example, that Port of Santa Cruz de La Palma was the 3rd Port on importance worldwide during the XVII-XVIII centuries?
The Magallanes route is an evening route (CITY TOUR) through Santa Cruz de La Palma, with stops at different points of the capital relating them to the surprising cultural, navigation using stars and marine history of its streets. Of course, it includes the private entrance to the Ship of the Virgin (Naval Museum) after dark and a small observation of the sky, weather permitting only.
* Walking route (approx. 2 Km)
Frequently Asked Questions
Steps for reservation
Reviews from customers on Tripadvisor
|PLACE AND TIME
- Meeting point for all: in front of the Post Office in Santa Cruz de La Palma (Constitution Square, 2, 38700 Santa Cruz de La Palma: here)
- Meeting time: as it reads on your ticket/reservation page (it changes according to sunset time). Please be on time.
- Site for the activity: Santa Cruz de La Palma
- Spanish/English. Ocassionally only in german (it will be hightlighted).
- The duration of the route: approx. 2, 5 h.
- Adults: 20€
- Children: 15€
- We strongly advise clients to wear comfortable shoes.
- Activity not subject to weather conditions but subject to availability of the Naval Museum.
- Minimum number applies (9 people).
- Not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
- Use of binoculars
- Short stargazing opportunity (weather permitting only).
- Entrance fee to the Barco de la Virgen (Naval Museum).
- Qualified guides
- Ticket only valid for the date and name that appears on it.
- Please be at the meeting point at least 10 mins before. Late arrivals may miss the activity (with no refund). Unless an incidence we will leave on time from meeting point.
- This activity is NOT subject to weather conditions. In case of cancellations, we will communicate with you via mobile phone as soon as possible (sms message sent to the number you have provided us with). Occasionally, this can happen last minute. See cancellation policy below.
- Cancellations: routes may be cancelled unexpectedly due to a weather alert. Likewise, the route may be cancelled due to unforseen reasons which do not allow access to the Naval Museum. Also the route may be cancelled if the group does not reach the minimum number. The astronomical observation is weather dependent though but please note that the route is not cancelled if cloudy (and stargazing not posible) but the itinery will slightly change, completing the route. See what happens if cancelled below*.
- In the event of a cancellation, you may choose whether to reschedule your date or a full refund. Also, you may cancel up 24hrs prior to the tour, with a issuance cost of 20%. If you wish to cancel please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (we only accept cancellations via email). Later cancellation by customer/groups are non-refundable.
- We strongly advise customers to wear comfortable shoes.
- Outside office hours and for emergencies please contact 0034622805618. Please leave a sms message.